Set ups include:
- Facilitated sitting with therapist in front of patient.
- Static sitting (patient able to sit without assistance).
- Facilitated standing - patient learning to stand again without hand support.
- Static standing (patient able to stand without help).
- Dynamic standing with patient moving outside of Trainer to complete balance challenges.
- Specific set ups patients recovering from CVA including pusher's syndrome and poor hand support.
- Variety of balance games that challenge balance + cognition. Helpful for improving pattern recognition, problem solving, memory, and more. Gaming also engages patients in exercises, making balance training more fun.
For more information on biased balance training consider pre-ordering The Haas Balance Book: 100+ Exercises for PT's and OT's. Release date is March 2019 - order now for discounted price and special offers!